When registering for spring 2021, ask your advisor how your chosen classes will be
- Face-to-face with full required physical attendance
These courses will meet on campus and physical attendance for each class is required.
- Face-to-face with optional physical attendance
These courses will meet on campus and physical attendance for each of these classes
is optional and may be limited by social distancing guidelines given the class size
and classroom space. The second letter D, E, or F will indicate how remote lectures
will be delivered when students are not attending on campus.
- Face-to-face with occasional required physical attendance
These courses will normally meet remotely (the second letter of D, E, or F will indicate
how) but attendance on campus may be periodically required for labs, exams, or other
- Remote delivery with live synchronous lectures
These courses will meet remotely with lectures delivered at normal class times over
Zoom. All lectures will be recorded.
- Remote delivery with a combination of pre-recorded and live synchronous lectures
These courses will meet remotely, with some live lectures delivered at normal class
times over Zoom. Attendance for the live lectures is expected.
- Remote delivery with asynchronous recorded lectures
These courses will meet remotely with lectures recorded earlier and made available
for students. Some class sessions may be delivered live at the normal class times
but attendance is not required.
- Fully online asynchronous courses
These courses will have all course material placed in Blackboard prior to the start
of the semester. Attendance on any particular time or day is not required but most
courses have weekly or other deadlines for assignments, papers, or exams.
- Exams are remotely delivered and may be taken over a given time period specified by
- Exams are remotely delivered but must be taken on a regularly scheduled course date
- Exams must be taken on campus at a regularly-scheduled course date and time.
- Exams are remotely proctored. Students must have a webcam. Exams may be timed.
- Exams are not proctored but may be timed.
Course is delivered remotely with asynchronous lectures. Exams are remotely delivered
but students can take them at their convenience. Exams are not proctored.
Online course where exams must be taken at their convenience but are proctored.
Face-to-face class is offered but not required. Students not physically attending
must watch the lectures live at home, and they are not recorded. Exams are remotely
given and must be taken during normal class time on the date specified. Exams are
Synchronous - Class meets at scheduled time
Asynchronous - Class meetings recorded; student views on his/her own time