It's time to learn how to reserve your spot in class. Registration is the process of actually signing up for the classes you've chosen. It's best to register as early as possible – before classes fill up.
While most new SUNY Ulster students must take the test, some students may be exempt because of their previous coursework.
Note:You’ll need to bring a Photo ID. All other testing materials (including dictionaries) will be provided.
A few ways your advisor can help:
- Course selection
- Program requirements
- Transfer options
- Career planning
- Help with academic difficulties or concerns
You’ll want to meet with your advisor before the end of each semester to plan your next semester’s class schedule.
Entering students will meet with an academic advisor during the registration process. After your initial registration you will be assigned a permanent advisor from your department of study.
Non-matriculated students are not assigned an academic advisor.
- Register at the registration session you were invited to attend.
- Some advisors will provide students with a white registration slip to hand in at the registrar's office in Rm. VAN 206.
- Log onto MySUNYUlster to register online. Your advisor will provide you with a PIN.
- Attend an Arena Registration Session. You will be given an opportunity to meet with an academic advisor during this event.
- Simply call the Registrar's Office at (687-5075 0r 1 (800) 724-0833 and register by phone.
Note: Upon registration, both matriculated and non-matriculated students will have incurred a financial obligation to SUNY Ulster.