To qualify for financial aid, an applicant must
- be a U. S. citizen or permanent resident or other eligible non-citizen (a New York
resident for state financial aid programs i.e. TAP, APTS and EOP);
- be admitted to SUNY Ulster in a (financial aid-eligible) program of study;
- have a high school diploma, or successfully complete the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary
Completion) high school equivalency test;
- maintain federal and NYS satisfactory academic progress in a course of study;
- not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant,
or have borrowed the maximum aggregate limit in the federal student loan programs;
- have a valid Social Security Number; find out about applying at www.ssa.gov;
- certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
Programs of study must be at least 24 credits in order to be financial aid eligible.