Obtaining Your Student Visa

Students in London
It is of the utmost importance that international students understand they are not authorized to come to SUNY Ulster unless they have received a formal admissions notice and have fulfilled any conditions of admission that may be stated in that letter.

Accompanying the letter of admission will be an I-20 form for F-1 status. These documents must be presented to the United States Consulate or Embassy with your passport in order to obtain a student visa, which will allow you to enter the United States.

Under no circumstances should applicants give up a position, purchase transportation or make definite plans to depart for the United States until they have received their letter of admissions and visa authorization form.

Applicants with Permanent Resident Status
For Applicants with Permanent Resident Status (Green Card), if you were not born in the United States you must show proof of citizenship or permanent resident status.





Upcoming Events