M.S.T., Mathematics, Florida Atlantic University, 1999
B.E., Electrical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 1987
History of Non-Western Mathematics (MAT 221)
Discrete Mathematics (MAT 206)
Linear Algebra (MAT 205)
Differential Equations (MAT 204)
Calculus I & II (MAT 170 & MAT 180)
Precalculus (MAT 160)
College Algebra and Trigonometry (MAT 115)
Topics in the History of Mathematics (MAT 112)
College Algebra (MAT 105)
Survey of Mathematics (MAT 101)
Beginning & Intermediate Algebra (MAT 098 & MAT 100)
Primary Area of Expertise
History of Mathematics
Co-Editor: Schulte, Sister Mary Leontius, Writing the History of Mathematical Notation: 1483-1700, Boston: Docent Press, 2015.
- Ancient Egyptian Mathematics, August 2017, Fairfield County Math Teachers’ Circle Summer Immersion Workshop, Sacred
Heart University, Fairfield, CT.
- Making and Using Napier’s Bones, July 2016, Math Teacher’s Circle Summer Intensive, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson,
- Ancient India: Altar Construction and Vedic Geometry, July 2015, Math Teacher’s Circle Summer Intensive, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson,
- A History of Complex Numbers, April 2013, SUNY Ulster Math Team, Stone Ridge, NY.
- Gambling, Betrayal & Murder: Cardano and the Solution to the General Cubic Equation: November 2011, NYSMATYC Regional Conference, Brentwood, NY.
- Guest Speaker Series: Mathematics of the Italian Renaissance, Stone Ridge, NY, June
- The History of the Pythagorean Theorem: April 2011, Invited Speaker, NYSMATYC Annual Conference, Corning, NY.
- The History of the Pythagorean Theorem: February 2011, Invited Speaker, SUNY Ulster College Colloquium Series, Stone Ridge,
- The History of the Pythagorean Theorem: October 2010, NYSMATYC Regional Conference, Garden City, NY.
- Highlights from the July 2010 History of Math Tour to Greece, Turkey & Italy, November 2010, Student Activity Hour, SUNY Ulster Community College, Stone Ridge,
- The Origins of Probability, October 2010, One Book/ One College, SUNY Ulster Community College, Stone Ridge,
- A History of Greek Mathematics, July, 2010, Guest Lecture Series MAT 112, SUNY Ulster Community College, Stone Ridge,
Volunteer Work or Group Affiliations
Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
New York State Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges (NYSMATYC)
Led two study abroad trips:
July 2011, History of Renaissance Mathematics, Northern Italy
July 2010, History of Greek Mathematics, Greece, Turkey and Southern Italy
Passed SOA (Society of Actuaries) Exam P (Probability), February 2008