Ph.D. Computing Technology in Education, Nova Southeastern University
Ed.S. Educational Specialist, Nova Southeastern University
M.S.Ed. Multicultural Education, Iona College
B.S. Business Administration, SUNY New Paltz
A.A. Liberal Arts, Orange County Community College
Computer Applications in Business
Spreadsheets for Business
Primary area of expertise
Online and blended learning
Honors and Awards
Iona College Departmental Award in Multicultural Education, 1995
Upsilon Phi Epsilon (UPE) International Honor Society for the Computing and Information
Disciplines, Nova Southeastern University Chapter, 2008
Publications and Presentations
- Kole, M, & Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2014, October 13). Student-run businesses: Multiple Perspectives.. Paper presented at the National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship
conference, Phoenix, AZ.
- Kole, M, & Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2013, October 14). The best entrepreneurship education: Doing it!. Paper presented at the National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship
conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2011). The Blended Learning Experience of Community College Students. Doctoral dissertation. Nova Southeastern University.
- Windle, H., & Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2008, March 4). Blended learning: What it is, what it isn’t, how to start. Presentation to Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY, through the SUNY Center
for Professional Development Webinar Series.
- Duhaney, D., Windle, H., Bleffert-Schmidt, A., Chisamore, S. (2007, November). Blended learning: From theory to practice. Paper presented at the SUNY Teaching and Learning with Technology conference, Poughkeepsie,
- Bleffert-Schmidt, A., Chisamore, S., & Windle, H. (2007, June 8). Developing the blended mindset: Preparing faculty, the school and the students for
teaching and learning in a blended environment. Paper presented at the Seventh Annual SUNY Retention Symposium, Schenectady, NY.
- Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2007, May 31). Blended learners: Who are they and what do they want? Paper presented at the SUNY Conference on Instructional Technologies, Plattsburgh,
- Bleffert-Schmidt, A. (2007, April 13). Building community in the blended classroom. Paper presented at the SUNY Ulster Mini-Conference on Blended Learning, Stone Ridge,
Volunteer Work or Group Affiliations
National Business Education Association, 2004-present
Faculty Council of Community Colleges, delegate, 2005-2017
National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE), 2006-present
Established the Theodore P. Bleffert Entrepreneurial Scholarship to help SUNY Ulster entrepreneurship students fulfill the American Dream, 2013