Equipment for Student Use
The following equipment is available for student use:
- A FAX machine is available in the Student Accounts Office in Vanderlyn Hall. 845-687-5294. (FAX users are charged as follows: cover page-no charge; first two pages $2.50;
each additional page $.50. Payment is made at the Student Accounts Office.
- Printers are available in open labs, the library and lab classrooms. Students are charged
per print and provided an initial balance based on the number of credits for which
they have enrolled for the semester. Students can see their print balance and add
funds to their print balance via the My.SUNYUlster.edu Portal.
- A Scanner and Copier is available in the McDonald Dewitt Library. Scanning is free and each copy is charged to the student’s Papercut print tracking
- The Computer Lounge on the second floor of Hasbrouck Hall (HAS 220) on the Stone Ridge campus offers
50 internet-connected computers with Office 2013. It is available to all students
currently registered for credit classes during the semester. Computers are accessed
with the student’s User Name and Password which is available via the “Get your password” link on the Portal login page, upon the student's admission to the College.
- The Student Lab at the Kingston Center in room 114. Registered students with a student ID have access
to these desktop computers with Windows 7 and Office 2013.
- Loaner Laptops are available to be checked out and used within the library. The library has 20 desktop
computer workstations for student use and a wireless network is available to students
for use with personal mobile devices.
- Wireless Internet is available throughout the College. In order to gain access to the wireless the
student must connect to the SUNY-Ulster wireless. Students should read the Terms of
Service that appears on their browser, click the button that indicates they agree
to comply with the “Terms and Conditions” and click the green “Next” button. On the
next page the student will enter their login and password and click “Sign In”. These
steps will need to be repeated every ten days to maintain wireless access and must
be performed on each device that is connecting to the internet. If you encounter problems,
please contact the helpdesk at 845-687-5169 or drop by the Office of Information Technology with photo ID in HAS 115 during Regular
OIT business hours (8:00 - 5:00). The Continuing Education department may request
wireless access for Credit Free students.