If you just missed placement into college-level coursework based on your Entering Student Assessment, SUNY Ulster Advantage can help you make your transition to college more successful.
SUNY Ulster Advantage is a five-week program meeting four half-days per week – Monday through Thursday 8:45 to 11:50 am. With classes kept small so you receive individual attention, the morning will go by quickly with blocks of time for reading, computerized math programs, tutoring, writing instruction and workshops on skills development. You begin at your level and progress at your own pace.
Watch your skills improve in just five weeks. Then take your Assessment test again for another chance to place into college-level courses for the fall semester.
Summer 2014 Dates: July 6 - August 10, 2014
Student Learning Goals
1. Recognize your writing strengths and weaknesses;
2. Develop basic writing strategies;
3. Read and analyze a variety of essays.
1. Build strategies for effective college reading;
2. Develop and increase vocabulary, comprehension
and critical reading strategies;
3. Improve reading and critical thinking skills.
1. Apply reading and writing strategies to specific
academic content areas;
2. Apply critical thinking skills to content areas;
3. Improve academic skills necessary for college
success, such as reading strategies, time
management, and note taking.
1. Perform basic arithmetic concepts and skills, or;
2. Strengthen your algebraic skills;
3. Develop problem-solving strategies;
4. Develop interest in and appreciation for math;
5. Develop confidence in mathematics;
6. Build strong foundation for your next math course.
To Register or Learn More, Contact Admissions
800 724-0833 x 5018 or 5022
687-5018 or 5022